Skip to main content

Some September Posts from 2009-2015

Thinking back on the past seven years of this blog I figured it would be worth sharing posts (some good and some not so good) that were written in September from 2009 until 2015. So here they are:

1. People Who Don't Believe in the Labour Theory of Value Are Stupid [2009]. Apologies for the ableist language, something I've tried to delete from my lexicon in the past five or six years but apparently not in 2009.

2. On Anti-Intellectual "Leftism" [2010]. Kept going back to this one when I was critiquing the opposite tendency, academic obscurantism.

3. Marxism Beyond Marx, Leninism Beyond Lenin, Maoism Beyond Mao [2011]. The reflections here were actually influential to the years of draft work that would develop into Continuity and Rupture.

4. Interpreting the World [2012]. Another formative post, something that would eventually lead me to write a manuscript I am still working on about the meaning of philosophy from a radical left position… This was also written nine days before my daughter was born.

5. On The Critique of Identity Politics (and the inability to read) [2013]. A ranty complaint about the way my nuanced "Ten Theses" critique of identity politics was misunderstood by trolls who didn't read it (or the back links), leading to a terrible misconception that I was arguing for that really shitty cis white dude class essentialism (which I have also critiqued a lot, a lot, a lot) when in fact I was calling for an end to the petty-b mobilization of identity politics. As I'm sure regular readers know, I have little patience for people who can't be bothered to read what I write and then misrepresent it.

6. Reflections on the New Edition of Sakai's *Settlers* [2014]. That is, the BOOK Settlers: Mythology of the White Proletariat and not the GAME. For those who still haven't had a chance to read Sakai's controversial yet extremely important intervention, you should check it out!

7. Let's Read *Terrorist Assemblages*! A Phenomenological Review: Chapter Two [2015]. Last of the series, unfortunately. Ended up reading the book quicker than I could write in this style of paragraph by paragraph reflection. I was inspired by Ronan Wills "Let's Read" posts about SFF books to this with Puar's theory but, unfortunately, it doesn't work as well with theory as it does with SFF.

Comments